Being loved, cared, and adored is the greatest feeling in the entire world, and getting married is a life-changing experience, where two people unite as partners in a life-long personal relationship
However, getting married is not enough. If you want to have a healthy and successful relationship with our partner you need to follow some secrets of a successful marriage.
You need to devote time. energy, and effort all your life to make sure your marriage works. It takes regular care, management, and maintenance to have a stable life-long marriage.
Although, sharing your life with a person is not easy. It can be a challenge, especially in the early phase of your relationship. A successful marriage takes work, trust, determination, intention, commitment, and love, it also needs respect to be truly happy and successful.
A marriage based on love, trust, and respect doesn’t happen by luck. Both spouses have to do their part and it takes regular care to make your marriage successful.
To help you keep your marriage a happy, strong life-long relationship, we have come up with some secrets of a successful marriage. With these secrets, you will be able to set yourself up for a happy and healthy relationship.
Secrets of A Successful Marriage
1. Make sure you are accountable for the part you play in the relationship — good or bad.
2. Never both be angry at the same time.
3. Never yell at one another unless the house is on fire.
4. Never argue to win but still if one of you has to win argument, let it be your mate.
5. Never go to sleep with an argument unsettled. Make sure issues are resolved before going to bed.
6. If you have to criticize, do it with love and affection. Do not criticize when you are in a bad mood. And never criticize your partner to belittle him/her.
7. Neglect the whole world but never neglect each other. Your ignorance can hurt your partner.
8. When you have done something wrong, be ready to admit and accept, and never hesitate to say sorry and ask for forgiveness.
Never make the one you love to feel alone, especially when you are there.
9. Say one kind or complimentary thing to your life partner, at-least-once every day. Appreciate your partner for making your life easy, comfortable, and happy. Learn to say ‘Thank You’.
10. Never hesitate to ask for help or suggestions and don’t wait too long to get help if you find you can’t resolve something on your own.
11. Be sexually active. Stay intimate with each other and show your love and passion for your partner on a daily basis. An exciting, sexy marriage doesn’t happen just like that. Sex is one of the best secrets of a successful marriage. It strengthens and deepens your relationship and keeps the spark on.
Also Read: Amazing Health Benefits of Sex
12. Keep communicating. Have frequent talks with your partner and feel free to talk openly about your thoughts and feelings.
13. Give respect to partner and your marriage, and always remain faithful to one
14. Do not try to change your spouse. Accept him/her as they are. If you feel that there are some problems in your partner and they need to be fixed then start from fixing yourself first.
You may realize that these are problems you have in yourself.
15. Make your relationship with your spouse top priority. It will flourish and blossom your marriage. In a marriage, nothing is important than the relationship between husband and wife.
16. Always speak your heart your partner. Say things like – I love you, Thank you, I’m here for you, I’m sorry’, It’s so nice to see you, I really appreciate all that you do. I feel complete with you.
17. Spent some together everyday,
18. Always respect one another, never abuse verbally or physically, and never belittle your partner, and keep insults to yourself. Bad words may hurt your partner in unimaginable ways —words once said can never be taken back. Choose your words wisely.
19. Stay emotionally connected,
All relationships are built on trust, without trust you have nothing.
20. Always assist and support each other. This is the best way to strengthen your relationship.
21. Trust your spouse in everything. including financial decisions, purchases. If you will not do that, you will have problems.
22. Keep your commitments and promises to one another. Do what you say and always keep your words. Be honest and faithful to your partner.
Scroll down to know more Secrets of A Successful Marriage.
23. Avoid boredom. Plan trips or go on a mini-vacation. Get away from the crowd.
24. Learn to compromise and sacrifice. Relationships are about adjustments. Make a sacrifice to help meet the needs of someone else‘s family together
25. Talk to each other and set boundaries. As an individual, we all have some likes and dislikes and we should talk to our partner about our likes and dislikes.
26. Never judge your partner.
27. Support your partners dreams.
28. Think of ways to encourage one another. Help your partner in daily chores. Cook food, wash some clothes, do moping or iron clothes.
29. Treat your wife like a queen. Fulfill her wishes, buy her favorite clothing or jewelry of her choice.
31. Make common goals and work together to achieve them.
32. Make a Travel checklist for your trips and then pack clothes together when going on a vacation
33. Always keep secrets of your partner to yourself and never hide anything from your partner.
34. Don’t let your past hamper your relationship. The past is gone and talking or nagging about the past won’t help.
List of Secrets of A Successful Marriage is not over yet.
36. Acknowledge the qualities of your partner and appreciate them.
37. Follow your partner on all social media platforms and like her posts (Need of the hour).
38. Surprise your partner with unexpected gifts, dinners and dates. Keep on trying something new i.e., new sex positions, new date ideas, and new ways to show your love for your spouse.
39. Learn to let go. Don’t hold grudge. If you feel bad about something, talk to your partner about it and resolve it then and there.
40. Try to make physical contacts throughout the day. Hug you, partner, kiss your spouse, do some cuddling or bump your partner to tease.
41. Tell your spouse Exactly Why You Love and Appreciate Them time and again.
42. Take road trips to connect and know each other even more.
43. Send naughty pictures to your partner. It is a great way to tease your partner and create excitement for what to come.
45. Volunteer together for social causes. It keeps the spark alive by connecting both the person for something bigger than their problems.
49. Never say no to sex. It is an important way to revive the spark of love and connection. It makes the bond stronger.
Also Read: How to Know It’s the Right Time to Have Sex
50. Do crazy things together. It will help you to distract you from the problems of your life and bring you closer.
51. Always remember, it takes two to make a quarrel, and one in the wrong is the one who does the most talking.
These were the 51 Secrets of A Successful Marriage that anyone can apply and enjoy a successful married life.
A true relationship is when you can tell one another anything and everything.
No secrets, no lies.